Dungeons & Dragons 5e
Step through the mists into a land where the last glimmers of hope wane. Oppressive and bleak, full of danger and mystery, where the dead walk and evil reigns. The darkness swirls around you as you desperately seek your own survival. Powers and gifts beyond your ken tug at the strings of your fates, while the land itself cries out for salvation. Will you be the courageous heroes that save these cursed lands and escape with your souls left unstained?
Your LeadDM for this experience will be Steve Ferguson.
- Arrival in Bucharest and check in
- Welcome dinner
- Morning walking tour
- Lunch and afternoon gaming in Old Princely Cellars
- Free time in Bucharest for the evening
- Morning departure for Sibui
- Stop at regional winery and Cozia monastery
- Dinner and evening gaming session
- Morning orientation tour of Sibiu old city
- Morning game session
- Free time in Sibiu including lunch and dinner on your own
- Late evening game session in a medieval Sibiu venue
- Depart for Sighisoara
- Stop for village cart ride and bread making
- Lunch and local drinks
- Late afternoon gaming session in Alma Vii
- Dinner in Sighisoara
- Morning gaming in Casa Vlad Dracul
- Group lunch and travel to Brasov
- Afternoon walking tour of Brasov
- Free evening and dinner on your own
- Morning gaming session in Brasov medieval venue
- Lunch and free afternoon on your own
- Evening banquet in Bran Castle
- Final late night gaming session
- Late breakfast
- Departure to Bucharest with sightseeing stops
- Evening farewell dinner at local craft brewery
- Depart for airport
May 13 – 22
The Romanian landscape is approximately one-third mountainous and one-third forested, with the remainder made up of hills and plains. The climate is temperate and marked by four distinct seasons. Romania enjoys a considerable wealth of natural resources: fertile land for agriculture; pastures for livestock; forests that provide hard and soft woods; petroleum reserves; metals, including gold and silver in the Apuseni Mountains; numerous rivers and a Black Sea coastline that is the site of both ports and resorts.
Historic Romania / Ravenloft Campaign5/13 - 5/22, 2022
$625 supplement for single occupancy
- Gaming venue tables/chairs
- Gratuities for driver and guide(s)
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- International airfare to/from Bucharest, Romania
- Cost of valid U.S. passport
- Covid-19 negative test(s) and documentation prior to departure
- Travel insurance (required)
- Airline seat upgrades
- Excess baggage fees
- Leisure activities on free days
- Hotel charges for incidentals, including telephone calls, pay per view movies, mini bars, and snack trays, personal laundry, room service, and hotel penalties for smoking in hotel rooms.
Registration and Deposit Deadline
Helpful Tips for Traveling to Romania
Always carry a valid passport with you and a photocopy of your passport for backup. U.S. passport holders do not require a visa for entry to Romania. Your passport must be valid during your length of stay in Romania. You must provide a negative Covid-19 test, a Covid vaccine or documentation of a full recovery from Covid no more than 3 days prior to departure from the U.S. and for re-entry back into the U.S. It is a good idea to send yourself a backup copy of your passport and any Covid related documentation via email so you can access it at any time if necessary.
Please keep social distancing guidelines in place throughout the tour. Wear your mask, wash your hands frequently, and keep 6 feet of distance when possible. Airlines and airports require masks at all times. Have extra masks for backup and hand sanitizer with you in your day pack at all times. The bus driver will be sanitizing the bus in between stops throughout the tour.
Bring your prescription medications with you in their original containers. It may be a good idea to bring some of your own OTC medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, Pepto Bismol, Dramamine, etc. Some roads can be curvy so if you tend to get motion sickness, it is a good idea to already have medicine on hand.
Water is safe to drink in Romania; however, boil notices do come into effect on occasion. Bottled water is readily available for purchase.
The currency in Romania is the Euro. The cheapest and easiest way of getting Euro is to use your debit card in any of the ATM’s located throughout the country. You get the best exchange rates this way. You can also get Euros ahead of time from your local bank, if available. Please contact your financial institution and let them know of your upcoming travel plans to make sure your card will work while overseas.
Romania is on GMT time + 3 during the summer months. If it is 9:30 am in Eastern Standard Time, it is 4:30 pm in Romania.
Wi-fi is available at all hotels. However, speeds may not be what you’re accustomed to.
You will need to bring a 220V 3 prong adaptor to recharge your cell phones, cameras, laptops, etc. You may also need a voltage converter. Amazon.com may be a great resource for these products. Check your appliances to see if they are compatible. Most of the hotels will have hairdryers.
Gratuities for your guide/driver are already included in the price of the tour. Feel free to tip airport/hotel luggage handlers if necessary. At restaurants, 10% tip is plenty for great service unless a service charge has already been added to your bill. There is no need to tip after group meals that are included with the tour.
TO CALL SECTION UPDATE
The average temperature is 50-60 degrees F, not too hot and not too cold. Weather in Romania is changeable but rarely extreme.
Excessive bags in size/weight/quantity are subject to additional fees. All liquids are subject to TSA restrictions; all liquids need to be below 3.4 ounces and each passenger is allowed only 1-quart bag full of liquids. It is very important to review the luggage restrictions on the airline’s website. Overweight and excess baggage are subject to additional fees. Check your restrictions for your flight and airline(s).
Free Premium Dice Giveaway
Join our mailing list for a chance to win one of several sets of premium dice and more great gaming gear.