Join Jon Manker, Founder of the Company and lead game designer of Pax Viking, Vendel to Viking, and Hird, and CEO Besime Uyani, designer of the upcoming board game Sammu-ramat, on this unique gaming and culture tour through Swedish Viking territories.
- Day 1: Arrival in Stockholm for transfer to Uppsala for a walking tour. Uppsala is known for its architecture, museums, beautiful gardens and more. Founder John Manker, lead game designer of Pax Viking, Vendel to Viking, and Hird, will showcase Pax Viking and present Vendel to Viking, its stand alone prequel. Remainder of the afternoon will be free time to enjoy or rest at the hotel before dinner.
- Day 2: Travel to old Uppsala to learn about the history of the region. Visit a museum and a gaming session with Pax Viking. Visit the Odinsborg church and historic graves followed by lunch. Return to Uppsala for a guided visit to the castle to hear about the Swedish monarchy or enjoy some free time.
- Day 3: Guided visit to medieval ruins in Sigtuna, followed by free time. Travel to Stockhold, for a visit to the Vasa Museum for a guided tour and time to explore the museum on your own. Afternoon in Gamla Stan for a walk with your guide through the narrow streets of the old town, followed by a medieval themed dinner in the Old Town.
- Day 4: Morning scenic tour of Stockholm crossing bridges and islands throughout the area. Visit the historic museum to enjoy the Viking exhibition before lunch, followed by a gaming session with Pax Viking. Also, enjoy an exclusive peek at Vendel to Viking with the designer and Founder, Jon Manker!. Afternoon visit to the office of Ion Games to play a session of Hird.
- Day 5: Morning boat ride traveling from Lake Malaren to one of the earliest Swedish Christian settings of Birka, followed by free time in the historic village. Day gaming session playing Hird, followed by an afternoon boat back to Stockholm. Evening free time for exploration.
- Day 6: Free morning in Stockholm, with lunchtime departure to Nynsashamn and then onto Visby. Check into your next hotel where medieval week is taking place!
- Day 7: Morning excursion on the island Gotland with a mix of history, caves and exciting nature. Lunch will be served at an Exclusive island site for lunch, before a return to Visby to mingle and dinner.
- Day 8: Morning time enjoying medieval week before a ferry to Nynashamn and back to Stockholm. Farewell dinner tonight at an amazing restaurant in Old Town.
- Day 9: Transfer to the international airport for your return flight back to the U.S.
Aug 6th – Aug 14th, 2022
The Kingdom of Sweden is a Nordic country in Northern Europe. At 450,295 square kilometres, Sweden is the largest country in Northern Europe, the third-largest country in the European Union, and the fifth largest country in Europe. Sweden has a total population of 10.4 million, and a low population density of 25.5 inhabitants per square kilometre.
Sweden is part of the geographical area of Fennoscandia. The climate is in general mild for its northerly latitude due to significant maritime influence. Southern Sweden is predominantly agricultural, while the north is heavily forested and includes a portion of the Scandinavian Mountains.
Registration and Deposit Deadline
ION Games Sweden Culture & Gaming TourAugust 6 - 14, 2022
$650 supplement for single occupancy.
- Ready to play gaming venues (15+ hours)
- Minis, games, accessories
- Table experiences, prize drawings, and giveaways
- Bus Transportation
- Tours/Technical Visits
- Meals as indicated on itinerary (water, coffee or tea)
- Not Included:
- International airfare
- Gratuities for guide/driver
- Soft drinks or alcoholic beverages with meals
- Meals not shown on itinerary
- Covid testing requirements for entry and exiting Sweden
- Cost of valid U.S. passport or other documents necessary for travel to Sweden
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance coverage (highly recommended)
- Airline seat upgrades
- Excess baggage fees
- Leisure activities on free days
- Hotel charges for incidentals, including telephone calls, pay per view movies, mini bars, and snack trays, personal laundry, room service, and hotel penalties for smoking in hotel rooms.
Free Premium Dice Giveaway
Join our mailing list for a chance to win one of several sets of premium dice and more great gaming gear.